Students creating learning games with the Kahoot! app
Devised from typical behavior, gaming and teaching models, the pedagogy creates a loop which encourages both independent or collaborative research and creation. It also empowers students to take ownership of what they are learning, and present and share their new-found knowledge to their peers, in a playful and social way.
Moreover, this pedagogy increases knowledge retention. Deeper learning happens when learners consider not just what the correct answers are to questions, but also what the potential incorrect answers are. The more creative they are encouraged to be with their content, the deeper they will understand the concepts.
Via this loop, students go from consumers of knowledge, to researchers, to creators, to facilitators, and finally to leaders, completing a full cycle of learning!
How to create kahoots in our app:
1) Open the Kahoot! app and tap Create in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
2) Add a title, description and cover image, just like you do on your computer. You can use an image from your camera roll or snap a new one as you’re creating!
3) Choose if you want to keep this kahoot private, make it visible to everyone or share it with your team (for business users only).
4) Tap Add question. Add the question and answer options. Toggle correct and incorrect answers. Change time limit to fit question type.
Remember to add images and videos! Check progress against our Question checklist – it’ll hint if something is missing.
5) Check progress against our overall Kahoot checklist – it’ll help you with all the ingredients of a perfect kahoot!
6) Tap Done – and it’s ready!
Download the app for free in the App Store or in Google Play.