Sight Words Learning Games & Reading Flash Cards – Educational app for Kids
***** Developed in cooperation with educational specialists by an award-winning educational studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills and reading program Phonics: Fun on Farm, to best prepare your children for success in kindergarten and school curriculum.
* Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (with extra 94 NOUNS!)*
* Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Categories *
*…in 6 engaging EDUCATIONAL GAMES! *
* “Action Sight Words is an extra-fun “Extra-terrestrial” way to help children learn challenging sight words.”
* “As a mother of a 1st Grader and a Pre-Schooler, I was quite impressed with this app.”
* “an awesome level of interactivity”
* “hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids”
* “A colorful and quirky mechanical, industrial theme that children will definitely like. A great tool for teaching and allowing your children learn all about sight words”
“Provides ample opportunities to learn all 220 Dolch words through a series of six games and activities. The interface is simple and easy to navigate and overall the look is appealing.”
Jill Goodman, smartappsforkids.com
Abby Sight Words with Wordaliens is a new EDUCATIONAL READING APPLICATION by 22learn. The app is designed to help children learn and practice reading the most common sight words.
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and written letters, and therefore have to be learned “by sight. ”
Being able to quickly recognize sight words is a crucial part of learning how to read. Sight words mastery is a necessary step towards an enormous reading improvement.
Sight Words offers children an easy-to-use interface and a grand choice of six fun educational games through which children can acquire mastery over this subject matter.
The 6 GAMES included are:
1. WORD MACHINE
Control the Word Machine. Supply all the words that need to be produced by tapping on the words called.
Your dog is hungry! Make cans to feed him! To make a can, drag the letter cards to their correct place and make a word you have just heard pronounced.
Make a Bingo to get a ticket for Aliens back home! Tap on the word corresponding to the one that you heard pronounced. Once you have matched cards from one side of the board to the next… Bingo! Aliens are back home!
4. MEMORY GAME
Match the sounds to correct word forms! To do so, tap on one of the speakers, hear the word, and then select one of the cards below with a correct word. Do it for all words!
Tap on one of the speakers on the screen, hear the word pronounced, and place the word across the speaker. Repeat for all words to see wonderful gears animation.
6. FLASH CARDS
Practice in the Flash Card mode. List through the words and top on the cards to hear the words pronounced again and again!